Metabolomics and lipidomics papers
We have developed quantitative metabolite profiling methods combined with 13C-label experimentation which are the ultimate tools to explore central carbon and energy metabolism in any biological cell.
Quantitative metabolite profiling, often combined with 13C-label experimentation, are the ultimate tools to explore central carbon and energy metabolism in any biological cell. Researchers at Department Biotechnology and Food Science, NTNU have for the last ten years developed chromatography-mass spectrometry based quantitative metabolite profiling methods covering the glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway, tricarboxylic acid cycle, amino acids, nucleoside phosphate, NAD and short/ long chain CoA metabolite pools.
All methods apply 13C-labeled internal standards for highest analytical accuracy and precision.
Part of this work has been associated with the Digital Life Norway projects AurOmega, INBioPharm and DigiSal (the latter on lipidomics).
Some recent papers coming out from our lab:
- Bartosova, Z., H. Ertesvåg, E. L. Nyfløt, K. Kämpe, I. M. Aasen, and P. Bruheim. 2021. Combined Metabolome and Lipidome analyses for in-depth characterization of lipid accumulation in the DHA producing Aurantiochytrium sp. T66. Metabolites, 11, 135, doi.org/10.3390/metabo11030135
- Kumar, K., V. Venkatraman, and P. Bruheim. 2021. Adaptation of central metabolite pools to variations in growth rate and cultivation conditions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbial Cell Factories, 20: 64, doi.org/10.1186/s12934-021-01557-8
- Bartozova, Z., S. Villa Gonzalez, A. Voigt, and P. Bruheim. 2021. High throughput semi-quantitative UHPSFC-MS/MS lipid profiling and lipid class determination. Journal of Chromatographic Science, 1-11, doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/bmaa121
- Røst, L. M., L. B. Thorfinnsdottir, K. Kumar, K. Fuchino, I. E. Langørgen, Z. Bartosova, K. A. Kristiansen, and P. Bruheim. 2020. Absolute Quantification of the Central Carbon Metabolome in Eight Commonly Applied Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Model Systems. Metabolites 10, 74; doi.org/10.3390/metabo10020074
- Røst, L. M., A. Shafaei, K. Fuchino, and P. Bruheim. 2020. Zwitterionic HILIC tandem mass spectrometry with isotope dilution for rapid, sensitive and robust quantification of pyridine nucleotides in biological extracts. Journal of Chromatography B, Vol 1144, doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2020.122078