IP seminar: Patenting & Publishing - The Whys and Hows
University of Bergen, Haukeland University Hospital, BTO, and Digital Life Norway invites you to a seminar focusing on dilemmas arising when you are a researcher also doing innovation, in addition to the Whys and Hows concerning patenting and publishing.
Date: Monday, 28th January 2019
Place: Bikuben, Haukeland University Hospital
Time: 12:30 – 18:00
Refreshments and food will be served before and during the seminar. Participation is free of charge.
This seminar will give you several reasons to engage in a patent process and demonstrate how patenting and publishing can be coordinated and both successfully achieved. We will demonstrate a number of Norwegian and international examples of academic patenting, and discuss practical issues related to these specific cases.
We are pleased to announce some of the speakers;
- Philip Webber, PhD. Patent attorney, (Dehns, UK)
- Helge Ræder, MD, PhD., Vice dean at the Medical Faculty (UiB)
- Marta Ebbing, MD, PhD., Director R&D Unit (Helse Bergen HF)
- Anders Haugland, PhD., CEO (BTO)
- Nina Toften, LLM, Head of Legal (BTO)
- Jim Lorens, PhD., Professor (UiB) and co-founder (BerGenBio)
- Charalampos (Haris) Tzoulis, MD, PhD., Medical Doctor and Professor (Helse Bergen HF, UiB)
- Thomas Halvorsen, MD, PhD. Medical Doctor and Professor (Helse Bergen HF, UiB)
- Yves Aubert, PhD. Senior advisor for research and innovation (UiB)
and yet more to come…..
To enable the best possible and “to the point” seminar, you are invited to submit any relevant questions, matters or issues you may have for this subject, upon registration. As far as time allows us, all such received questions will be addressed during the seminar.
Note: After your registration you will receive an e-mail requesting confirmation of your e-mail address. Your registration is not active until such confirmation has been made.
The centre offers travel support of 2000 NOK for members who are not located in Bergen but would like to attend the conference.
PhD and postdocs who are members of the DLN research school can apply for travel grants.
Other members can contact Alexandra.email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in Bergen!