Travel grants for courses and workshops.
As a member, you can apply for travel support to participate in our supported PhD courses outside your hometown.
Support is given according to the following rates:
- You can receive up to NOK 2500 per round trip (travelling to/from Tromsø allows for a higher limit).
- Documented hotel accommodation costs are covered up to NOK 1200 per night for the duration of the course (not Airbnb).
- The maximum support for one course is NOK 20 000.
- One may receive support for several courses.
- We do not cover per diem/subsistence allowance
- If you can not find tickets or hotels within our rates, please explain this in your application.
To apply for support, you need to be a member of the research school. Your application will not be processed without prior registration.
If your application is granted, you will receive a letter of confirmation. No reimbursements will be made in excess of the amount stipulated in this letter without prior agreement. Reimbursements are made only on the basis of original receipts, so please keep this documentation for later submission.
Please submit your travel reimbursement claim within 4 weeks after the event. Specific instructions apply to those who are employed at NTNU, and those who are employed elsewhere (see below).
If the course you are attending has multiple meetings, please send a travel claim for each meeting. We do not cover per diem/diet expenses.
For NTNU employees only
NTNU employees are obliged to submit their travel claims through Paga.
In Paga, you need to change the default account information. Click on 'Override accounts' at the very top of your form, and fill in the following information:
- For attending courses or workshops: 90139805
- For attending the annual conference: 90139803
Fill in the required fields, upload all relevant receipts, and save your claim. Before you actually submit it, you must send a copy of the form and receipts by e-mail to Liv Falkenberg. Do not include your employee-number or other sensitive information in the Paga-screenshot.
For those who are employed outside NTNU
You can also send it together with the original receipts by snail mail to:
Liv Eggset Falkenberg
NTNU, Fakultet for medisin og helsevitenskap
If your bank connection is outside of Norway, this form has to be submitted along with the travel reimbursement form.