The main objective of the Centre for Digital Life Norway is to develop new knowledge and new methods within biotechnology and the life sciences, addressing relevant societal challenges. Digital Life Norway Research School is continuously updating the course portfolio, and we are now making plans for 2023.
If you are carrying an idea for or currently coordinating a scientific or generic PhD course, workshop, or seminar, you can now apply for support through our call for course proposals. The research school has a strong focus on being inclusive and interdisciplinary, and course proposals allowing for attendees from several disciplines will be particularly welcome.
What can you apply for?
- Travel- and accommodation grants for our members (PhD students and postdocs) in order to travel to other cities to attend the course.
- Financial support for preparation and implementation, including invited international and national speakers
Guidelines and requirements for research school courses
The course should
- Fall within the interpretation of biotechnology that is the Digital Life mission.
- Be taught at the PhD level, either completely or partly (can be combined with teaching at master level)
- Be available for attendees travelling from other regions of Norway. It should thus be offered as an intensive course, with one or a few meetings.
- Include an exam or evaluation if supposed to qualify as an ECTS-giving course. This is voluntary for workshops and seminars.
- Be available to English-speaking students.
The course proposal needs to include the following information
- Proposed course name
- Responsible researcher
- Email address
- Other researchers involved
- Plans for invited, international lecturers
- Location of the course
- Suggested time (course start and -end)
- Short course description (max. one page)
- Learning outcomes
- Suggestion for course program/timetable (if possible)
- Attending students: prerequisites and target group (please state if postdocs can apply)
- Suggestion for number of ECTS and/or number of hours
- Maximal number of students (if any)
- Tentative budget – travelling expenses for participants must be kept as a separate post
- Covid-19: Is it possible to digitalize the course in case restrictions does not allow for physical meetings?
- Comments or additional information
Send the application to Rosalie Zwiggelaar by e-mail within the 30th of September, 2022.
Questions can be directed to