8th NorMIC Workshop on Biological Optical Microscopy
The NorMIC series of workshops aims to teach biological researchers (PhD students, engineers, postdocs and young PIs) the principles of biological microscopes and image processing.
Tentative Scope of Teaching and Hands-On Session:
- Theory of microscopic image formation
- The difference between different imaging modalities (different wide field contrasting methods, super resolutions, nonlinear, light sheet, etc)
- Principles of fluorescence and probes, detectors, and filters
- Introduction of image processing
- Hands-on operation on different high-end microscopes: LSM880, Olympus SpinSR, Abberrior STED, SPIM, 3D Printing
More information about the course and how to register is given here.
Xian Hu(Edna), email@example.com