Simula Summer School in Computational Physiology
This summer school will give you the opportunity to perform cutting edge research with the world's leading researchers in their fields.
Registration is closed.
The summer school has a limited number of places available!
The University of California, San Diego, the University of Oslo, and Simula Research Laboratory host the 8th annual Joint Summer School in Computational Physiology 2022. The summer school is sponsored by Digital Life Norway Research School. This summer school focuses on multiscale modeling of electrophysiology and mechanics of the heart, and related material in computational neurophysiology and pharmacology.
The annual summer school is tailored for postgraduate students (MSc and early PhD-level students) and includes:
- The opportunity to perform cutting edge research with the world's leading researchers in their fields
- 2 weeks of formal lectures and project work in June
(at Simula Research Laboratory in Oslo, Norway)
- 1.5 weeks of workshops, joint project work, and a final presentation in August
(at the University of California, San Diego, USA)
- A two-day Nature Masterclasses workshop in scientific writing and publishing presented by two editors from the Nature journals.
- Varied and engaging social activities
Simula offers travel grants to all accepted applicants, designed to cover major costs associated with travel to/from Oslo and/or San Diego. Accommodation will also be provided free of charge. (Note: students should expect to cover the cost of some of their meals, as well as any leisure activities or travel).