Services for digital life Norway projects
We offer guidance and support within research data management; cross-disciplinary and cross-projects activities; innovation and industry collaboration; responsible research and innovation (RRI); and career development. Please contact the advisers directly if you have any questions.
You may also apply for financial support from the centre for cross-project activities, events, innovation and data management, and we have an overview of relevant funding from the Research Council of Norway and other sources.
Help on writing DMPs
- Guidance on metadata standards, data deposition and data formats
- Training and support for the DM-platform SEEK/FAIRdomhub
- Guidance on selecting storage and computing platforms; including GDPR considerations
- Projects can apply to become part of the BioMedData PAL network and profit from direct interaction with DM experts from research infrastructures
- Funding to support projects on data management. The last application deadline was 1 December 2020. A new call will be out in 2021.
Projects with support from data management: dCod 1.0, BioZEment 2.0, DigiSal and DigiBrain
Cross-disciplinary & cross-project activities
Creating platforms for transdisciplinary activities through workshops and meetings
- Facilitate interaction between research projects and relevant technological infrastructures
Innovation and industry collaboration
- Innovation support – develop a good idea further
- Assessment of project status and guide to “next steps”
- Support in developing a regulatory strategy
- Support on contacting TTO, relevant DLN projects and networks
- Support on business model strategy
- Support on funding schemes
- Training programs supporting innovation and commercialisation processes
- Innovation support, open-ended deadline
Beate Rygg Johnsen
- Training and support for PhDs and postdocs from the Digital Life Norway Research School
- Workshops aimed at researchers beyond PhD/post doc level. These focus mainly on data and knowledge management to support open science and the development of methods for research and innovation in digital biotechnology.
- The digital life industry internship initiative that was launched spring 2020
- Transdisciplinary grants for young researchers, open until 30 June. Grants are awarded consecutively.
- Digital life industry internship 2021, the lst application deadline was 14 March 2021
- Open call course proposals research school. The last application deadline was 1 December 2020. A new call will be out in 2021.
Liv Eggset Falkenberg
All other advisers are also involved in this work.
Combine several fields
You may also contact several advisers to get support from several fields.
Reference project with support from both data management innovation and industry collaboration: SmartSoil
Others support related to communications, events and administration will also be available for you if you work with the advisers on any of these fields.
Relevant calls from others
Research Council of Norway
- Pre-project for Health Pilot
Application deadline 5 May 2021, 23:59 CEST
- Innovation Project for the Industrial Sector, open-ended
- Qualification Project (former Milestone Project) – Research Commercialisation from Publicly Funded Research, open-ended
- Proof-of-Concept Project – Research Commercialisation from Publicly Funded Research, open-ended
European Research Council
Peder Sather Grant Program
- Support for projects carried out by researchers at UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers from eight Norwegian universities
Application deadline 1 June 2021
- Research grants stimulating innovative research
drug discovery / real time testing and sensors / nanoparticle for nucleic acid delivery /
digital Innovation / bioelectronics / sustainability / media recycling for cultured meat /
Application deadline 31 August 2021