Services for Digital Life Norway projects
We offer guidance and support within research data management; cross-disciplinary and cross-projects activities; innovation and industry collaboration; responsible research and innovation (RRI); and career development. Please contact the advisers directly if you have any questions.
You may also apply for financial support from the centre within the areas mentioned above, and we have an overview of relevant funding from the Research Council of Norway and other sources.
Not a project member of DLN yet? Apply for project membership.
Help on writing DMPs
- Guidance on metadata standards, data deposition and data formats
- Training and support for the DM-platform SEEK/FAIRdomhub
- Guidance on selecting storage and computing platforms; including GDPR considerations
- Projects can apply to become part of the BioMedData PAL network and profit from direct interaction with DM experts from research infrastructures
- Funding to support projects on data management. A new call will be out in spring 2022.
Projects with support from data management: dCod 1.0, BioZEment 2.0, DigiSal and DigiBrain
Cross-disciplinary & cross-project activities
Creating platforms for transdisciplinary activities through workshops and meetings
- Facilitate interaction between research projects and relevant technological infrastructures
- Funding of cross-project activities, application deadline 3 June 2022.
- Transdisciplinary publication of the year, nominate your candidate before deadline 28 February 2022.
Innovation and industry collaboration
- Innovation support – develop a good idea further
- Assessment of project status and guide to “next steps”
- Support in developing a regulatory strategy
- Support on contacting TTO, relevant DLN projects and networks
- Support on business model strategy
- Support on funding schemes
- Training programs supporting innovation and commercialisation processes
- Innovation resource grant, the application deadline was 25 June 2021
- Innovation support, open-ended deadline
Beate Rygg Johnsen
Responsible research and innovation (RRI)
- Science, technology and innovation shape the future. But what kind of future do we want? This question goes beyond science. RRI guides the work of the centre. Read our material on RRI.
- RRI-inspired transdisciplinary side quest early career DLN researchers, application deadline was 1 December 2021
Anders Braarud Hanssen
- Training and support for PhDs and postdocs from the Digital Life Norway Research School
- Workshops aimed at researchers beyond PhD/post doc level. These focus mainly on data and knowledge management to support open science and the development of methods for research and innovation in digital biotechnology.
- The Digital Life Norway industry internship programme
- Join matchmaking for mobility grant, the registration deadline was 7 November
- Transdisciplinary grants for young researchers, the application deadline was 30 June 2021
- Digital life industry internship 2021, application deadline 13 March 2022
- Open call course proposals research school, application deadline was 30 September 2021
All other advisers are also involved in this work.
Combine several fields
You may also contact several advisers to get support from several fields.
Reference project with support from both data management innovation and industry collaboration: SmartSoil
Others support related to communications, events and administration will also be available for you if you work with the advisers on any of these fields.
Relevant calls from others
Research Council of Norway
- Researcher Project for Scientific Renewal, application deadline 2 February 2022
- Researcher Project for Young Research Talents, application deadline 2 February 2022
- Three-year Researcher Project with International Mobility, application deadline 2 February 2022
- Collaborative Project to Meet Societal and Industry-related Challenges, application deadline 9 February 2022
- Innovation Project for the Industrial Sector, open-ended
- Qualification Project (former Milestone Project) – Research Commercialisation from Publicly Funded Research, open-ended
- Proof-of-Concept Project – Research Commercialisation from Publicly Funded Research, open-ended